Friday, April 8, 2011

Bread Dipping Oil

Today's post is about my new favourite snack.  A hunk of fresh baked Ciabatta bread and some quick, homemade dipping oil.  I have purchased many of the premade spices to make bread dipping oil, but was always noticing the amount of grit in my mouth when I dipped.  So I came up with some of my own recipes, and my entire family loves them.

What you need:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (not cold pressed)
Balsamic Vinegar
Dried Rosemary
Dried Thyme
Garlic flakes or powder





In a small shallow dish, add 3 parts Olive Oil to 1 part vinegar.  Sprinkle with rosemary and thyme.  Add a pinch on garlic.  You can stir if you like, or just start dipping!

For a twist, try using a splash of White Wine vinegar, or a splash of lemon juice.

Don't be afraid to add more flavours.  Basil, Italian seasoning, whatever you have in your spice rack.
Enjoy!

sigapril

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I think we need this for our party next weekend! Yum! Thanks for the recipe!