Friday, April 22, 2011

Cranberry Yogurt Parfait

I was a guest blogger over at 3 Jewels In My Crown!


Hello Everyone!  Welcome to my guest post on this fabulous blog created by my wonderful friend Crystal.

I started a little blog called My Life In A Wine Bottle, a place for me to rant, rave, share recipes, and uphold my belief that wine cures everything.  I am a mother of 2 amazing children and if I am not running after them, I am crocheting like a mad woman for my little Etsy Shop.

That's enough about me, on with the show!




Cranberry Yogurt Parfait

Greek yogurt is fat free but loaded with protein and tastes great.  It can easily be sweetened naturally with things like honey and pure maple syrup.  Try this for breakfast, snacks and best of all, dessert.






1 cup frozen cranberries
1-2 tbsp cranberry juice or water
1/2-3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup of any cluster cereal (I used Post Great Grains)
honey




In a small sauce pan, heat cranberries on medium/low until they "pop". Add juice of water as needed to prevent sticking.  Remove from heat and refrigerate until cool enough to eat.  In a narrow glass, add a small spoon of cranberries, followed by cereal.  Drizzle with honey to coat cereal.  Add a dollop of yogurt.  Repeat, ending with honey.  Refrigerate extra cranberries for next time.

Mix it up! Try using some of your other favourite fruits or replace the homey with pure maple syrup.

Enjoy!
sigapril

5 comments:

TexaGermaNadian said...

Ohhh, this looks sooo good. Could go for one of these for breaky today :) Thanks for sharing!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

Karen Greenberg said...

That looks fantastic! I wasn't hungry a minute ago. I better go find breakfast now, though it won't be as tasty as this.

Crystal said...

Thanks for guest blogging. Loved this post. Can't get enough of my vanilla greek yogurt! BTW-I love the action pic of the honey! Well done!

Jen said...

Thanks for having me! I really appreciate all the help and love!

XO

Kristine Novicki said...

This looks amazing! It would be fun to take this recipe spice it up with other types of fruit! I know what I am having for breakfast tomorrow.