Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hump Day Confessions


Happy Wednesday everyone!  I have been reading other people's random lists about strange and funny things that happen in their lives and found myself reflecting on my inner weirdo.  Here are my top 10 things that may be a little weird to some.

10 Hump Day Confessions

  1. I LOVE the smell of permanent marker. The original fat Redimark permanent marker, like the one I used as a kid to ruin my sister's Barbie doll.  I could smell it all day if I didn't run the risk of permanent brain damage.
  2. I watch Family Guy way more than I like to admit. Although I won't let my kids watch it, I can't help myself.  "Giggity" is not a real word.  "Giggity" is not a real word.  Repeat after me...
  3. I pick things.  Wallpaper, scabs, stickers, beer labels, nail polish, my nose (not really but I know you were thinking about that).  This is why I can crochet for hours and hours.  I have idol hands, and you know what they say about idol hands...
  4. I straighten the pictures hanging on my walls on a daily basis.  I can spot a crooked picture from the corner of my eye, in the dark, without my glasses on.  I'm not weird, I'm anal. Aka weird?
  5. I twirl my hair.  Not so weird.  I just do it unwillingly.  Like at work and the kids ask why I am doing it.  Then they copy me.  Maybe I am starting a trend.
  6. I am a 30 year old who is still afraid of the dark.  Too many Nightmare On Elm St. movies as a kid.  Oh and I still can't have any body part hanging off the bed when I sleep, because the monster who lives under my bed will get me. 
  7. I used to drink vinegar as a kid.  I took packages from places like McDonald's, tore a small hole, and sucked on it.  Gross.  I have grown up now and just drink Balsamic vinegar out of the bottle ;)
  8. I avoid Nacho Cheese flavoured Doritos like the plague.  Someone I know has the worst smelling feet that ever walked the earth.  And guess what they smell like?...
  9. My favourite reality shows???  Deadliest Catch, Pawn Stars and Ice Road Truckers.  Sometimes I think I have more testosterone than I should.
  10. I love roller coasters but can't physically handle a plane ride without a massive dose of Gravol.  I think this is weird, since I am the only one out of six who needed to be sedated.

Thank you for visiting my inner weirdisms!


sigapril

8 comments:

Shareena said...

I love Family Guy and Roller coaster! wweee...!! so much fun ! I am scared to death but when it is finished round, I want more!

NANCY said...

Happy "Get Wired Wednesday"! I'm following you now thru the blog hop and hope that you'll follow me back. Have a fantastic day!!

Nancy
http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

I love your facts!! We have a lot in common!!! Hope you are having a great Wednesday!!

xx

SassySweetChic said...

Hello love!
I will never let my foot hang off the bed because of a book I read in 1st grade. Stupid boogey men.
I can't wait to see what else you write!
I have a giveaway on my blog right now! Tell your friends!
Elizabeth
www.sassysweetandchic.blogspot.com

A Belle In The Desert said...

haha loved it! you ruined your sister's barbie dolls??? Is this my sister's blog??? She hated my Barbies! ;) (random fact: her name is also Jennifer)

I too watch Family Guy. Religiously. I even DVR the episodes I miss. I watch nothing on TV but cartoons and hockey though and I shamelessly admit that... LOL

Vinegar??? ewwwwwwwwwww (this coming from someone who loved the smell of gasoline as a child)

Ditto with the plane rides. I take xanax. Love roller coasters.

This was fun, nice to know I'm not the only weirdo out here in Bloggyland

-Heather
AKA Prusha from http://ShrinkToFitBlog.com

Alyssa said...

Love this post... Following you from blog hop.
Alyssa
armygirlfriendconfessions.blogspot.com

Terri. said...

I am a new follower via GFC and Twitter. I found you through It's Hump Day Blog Hop. Hope you can stop by and check out my new blog and follow me back
http://www.atthemapletable.com

Jen said...

Heather you are too funny! I watch hockey as well, but unfortunately the team that this house roots for likes golfing more than they like the playoffs!

Thanks for all of the love!