Monday, April 11, 2011

Sheppard's Pie

Everyone has their own way of making Sheppard's Pie and I thought I would share my version.  The cheese is, of course, the best part.  Adding parmesan and cheddar together adds great flavour and keeps the grated cheddar from sticking together.


Ingredients:

6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 tbsp butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
1lb lean ground beef
1/2 packet onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups frozen Green Giant mixed vegetables
1 can of beef gravy
3/4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese





 Boil potatoes in a large pot of water until tender.  Meanwhile, brown beef in a medium pan.  Remove fan from beef and add onion soup mix.  Mash potatoes with butter and milk until desired consistency.  Preheat oven to 400F.  Combine both cheeses in a small bowl and set aside.  Combine beef, vegetables and gravy to the bottom of a large casserole dish and mix well.  Top with mashed potatoes.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes, let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
sigapril

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Is that a pea I see? lol

Jen said...

Shhhh...I snuck them into my napkin when no one was looking. I have to be a good role model for the kids.

Lorraine said...

I can't wait to give this a try. My daughter loves Sheppard's pie. Thanks for the recipe!