Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sloppy Joes



A recipe fit for picky children, of which I have 2.  Caramelized onions add a little sweetness to this tangy sauce.

Makes 4 large sandwiches

Caramelized Onions

1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp butter

In a small glass dish, microwave for 3 minutes stirring after each minute ** Please be very careful as the dish can get very hot!

1lb lean ground beef
1 cup ketchup
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Large Kaiser buns, toast, or whatever you please!




Brown beef in frying pan.  Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl combine ketchup, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard.  Stir until well blended.  Drain access fat from beef.  Add onions and sauce to beef and heat on low until sauce is heated through.  Serve on a bun, open face, or as a sandwich.

Put your bib on and enjoy!
sigapril

3 comments:

Kate Weber said...

That is so genius to make sloppy joes on Texas Toast! That looks SO tasty!

I'm new to your blog! I found you on FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well!

Simply Kate

Sarah said...

That looks DELICIOUS - I already bookmarked it! My roommates and I are always looking for new recipes and we all agree that THIS is going to be the next thing we make for dinner next week - I've never seen them made like that! Thanks so much for sharing! It looks soooo good!

Jen said...

You are very welcome!