Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Am Humbled




Here it is 1:27am and I am feeling very...shall we say "blah".  Last night I watched the President confirm the death of Osama Bin Laden, which I am happy about. But now I am spent.  Why?  Because I spend the majority of the evening alone.  There is no adult conversation in my house.  We are entering week 4 of my husband's crazy evening shift work schedule.  No days off.  Not one.  Therefore, I have no one to reflect with.  So I am turning to my blog.

 As I watched Obama's speech, I found myself lost in in the same emotion that struck me the day I witnessed the Twin Towers collapsing on T.V.  I was getting ready for work, and was brought to my knees watching CNN, as was the rest of the world.  The rest of the day was a blur.

Last night I silently cried for all of the people lost on 09/11 and on every other day since the beginning of this war.  I am not an American, but I felt the pain just the same.  I hope that there will be a positive outcome after all of this, and I hope the troops can all come home to their families.  I can not imagine being without my loved ones, so here is to all of the men and women who sacrifice so much:

Someone like me is always thinking about you, and I am very thankful for what you do.  God Bless You All!

sigapril

2 comments:

Heather McWhorter said...

I was feeling this way yesterday too...

Alyssa said...

Thank you so much for posting this! <3