Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ahh Fruit flies!

{pic}




Let me just say, I HATE fruit flies.  I swear they follow me home from the grocery store, hitching a ride on everything I buy, even if I didn't buy anything from the produce department.  This week I bought strawberries, and even though they are long gone, I have fruit flies.  So I turn to the only thing that works: Wine.

1. Grab a cereal bowl.
2. Pour enough red, or sweet fruit wine, to cover bottom of bowl.
3. Cover with plastic cling wrap, and pull tightly.
4. Use a toothpick and poke about 20 holes.
5. Leave sitting out over night, and voila!  The little buggers should be trapped and half drunk!


sigapril

3 comments:

MikiHope said...

Hum--good to know!! I am a new follower from Hump Day Hop!

Michele aka MikiHope
www.mikishope.com

Heather McWhorter said...

BRILLIANT!!!

Jen said...

I actually had to leave it out for 3 days. Believe it or not (hit sarcasm button now) fruit flies are not very smart, so I had to leave it out longer to catch the stragglers.