Here is where you will find the wines that I like to drink and sometimes cook with, but mostly drink. Before you read through my list, here are my preferences for wine:
- I like red wine, sometimes.
- I do not prefer wine that tastes like an oak tree.
- I like white and fruit wines.
- On the scale of sweetness, I prefer a 1 - 3 (0 being very dry).
- Funf Riesling - "The fun starts at five" or noon, whatever. This wine is a little sweeter than most Rieslings, but has fast become one of my favs. Learn more here.
- Pelee Islands Gewurztraminer - This is my go-to wine. Perfect for any occasion. Learn more here
- Cranberry Blueberry - from Muskoka Lakes Winery, here in Ontario. Made using cranberries and blueberries, no grapes, this is my favourite wine. Learn more here
- White Cranberry - also from Muskoka Lakes Winery. I LOVE it. Learn more here.
- Trius - Unoaked Chardonnay- Finally, a great Chardonnay that does not taste like an oak tree. Learn more here.
- Sibling Rivalry - a great get-together wine made from 3 different grapes. Learn more here.
- Folonari Pinot Grigio -Thanks to SIL Heather for introducing this dry but very tasty wine from Italy. Learn more here.